Would you like to gain some work experience in your local area?
If you like talking to a wide range of people and enjoy collecting information DisabledGo’s work experience opportunities available in Hillingdon could suit you.
DisabledGo are looking for a group of people to help our team of surveyors collect access information. If you feel you could help take accurate measurements, collect and record information then we would like to hear from you.
Surveyors play a vital role in delivering high quality, accurate access information for users of DisabledGo’s website www.disabledgo.com.
What you would do
- Attend an information session run by DisabledGo, telling you more about the organisation and how we collect our information.
- Go out with a member of our team to visit and help assess venues in the Borough.
- Help collect information from members of staff, take measurements and photos.
- Help enter information on to DisabledGo’s database using a tablet.
If you are interested
DisabledGo has provided work experience to a wide range of people, with a variety of impairments. Many people have brought along a personal assistant or support worker to help them get the most from the experience.
If you feel that you –
- Have good listening skills
- Are happy to work outdoors and travel around the area
- Are interested in accessibility and collecting information
- Are polite and happy meeting new people
Please get in touch with DisabledGo to discuss the opportunity before 25th March 2016 so you can have a chat with our surveyors.